Welcome to our family's blog. Tommy and I have been together for 10 years this month. We met at his grandmother's house and through our share of up and downs have made it this far. Until recently, it was just Tommy, myself and our little puppy, Peyton...BUT, last February, we were blessed with our first child, Thomas Elijiah Miller. Our beautiful baby boy was born 2 months early but has adapted quite well and is truly a gift from God. I hope this blog proves to be fun as well as insightful throughout all the ups, downs, twists, turns and whatever else gets thrown our way! Enjoy the craziness!



Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The unexpected






I decided to start blogging mainly because I am a new mom and want to share some of my experiences with friends and family. If you know me at all, you are well aware of the fact that my son was born two months early due to preeclampsia and toxemia. Of course premature births are never expected and regardless his was unavoidable, but I still think that everything has a purpose and everything happens for a reason. In our case, we did not ask to have a baby with so many medical issues but that is what God gave us. I would not give up my beautiful little boy for anything and thank God for him every day. Many times things happen and we just don't know or understand why. I have to tell myself many days that God doesn’t give us anything more than we can handle. In a way, I kind of wish he thought of me as a little weaker, maybe my baby would have been born without a broken heart.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you decided to blog! I've been thinking about you ... Brooke and I miss you guys! Thomas is getting so big, he is just too cute for words!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've thought about it for awhile and was just up late and needed a new project. We really miss you guys too. We are going to try to come visit you guys in the NICU Monday if we have time before Tommy has to go to work. We have an appointment with Dr. Kumar. Hope you both and your families are doing well!

    ReplyDelete