Welcome to our family's blog. Tommy and I have been together for 10 years this month. We met at his grandmother's house and through our share of up and downs have made it this far. Until recently, it was just Tommy, myself and our little puppy, Peyton...BUT, last February, we were blessed with our first child, Thomas Elijiah Miller. Our beautiful baby boy was born 2 months early but has adapted quite well and is truly a gift from God. I hope this blog proves to be fun as well as insightful throughout all the ups, downs, twists, turns and whatever else gets thrown our way! Enjoy the craziness!



Friday, June 11, 2010

Can't Forget Peyton


Three years ago on June 16th, a little rambunctious lovable ornery little "Bugg" was born. I had been bugging and bugging (No pun intended) Tommy that I really wanted a puppy. When I say bugging, I mean in his face everyday leaving pictures of cute puppies that needed adopted on his screen saver...begging him to go to the pound every time we were out...I was persistent.
One day, as luck would have it, Tommy seen an ad online for three Bugg pups. Little did he know that one of the "annoying pictures" I has bestowed on his computer screen respectively was infact those same puppies. Only a few blocks away from our home, we contacted the breeder and went to see the little guys...should I say little guy and girls. When we got there, I feel in love...absolutely feel in love with these precious little pups. For those who do not know, a "Bugg" is a hybrid between a Boston terrier and a Pug. The breeder insisted that the pups would be great household pets...and I'm sure she would know considering she had about 20 different animals (cats, dogs, etc) in her home. I sat my purse on the floor and picked up this chunky little brindle colored pup and was smitten. I adored them...all three of them...Puppy breath and all. As I play with this little gal, I turn and notice that the other little girl was climbing in my purse. It was too cute.

I put the other down and immediately knew that the little explorer in my purse was the one.
...If you are wondering what happened to the little chunky pup, a friend of mine adopted her. We didn't even know until about a week or two after she got her. She had brought pictures into work and we just made the connection.

I have babysat for them both together and believe me, they are a handful.

Three years later, we are still fighting with the curiosity and rebelliousness of that pup but wouldn't trade her for any of the others. She is definitely spoiled and knows it but is one of the most loving dogs I've ever known.

She definitely completes our family and keeps me especially on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment